Why not show the sweethearts in your life how much you love them. Here is a fun whimsical way to display your favorite photos of your loved ones just in time for Valentine’s Day.
I LOVE taking photos of my kids (when they let me). 😉 When they were young it was easier to snap pics of them. Now that they are older, they always run away when they see the camera point towards them. However, my two rambunctious boys love my Valentines photos and love how they dangle above our table.
If you’re the ambitious type (like me) you can hang tree branches from your ceiling or around your light fixtures, above your kitchen table. You can also just stick these on the walls or dangle them from your curtain rods with fish wire or cute ribbon. You decide!
I’ve had these hearts for 6 years! I never once get tired of them. Below are photos I took 6 years ago in my old house (in Minneapolis) when I first put them up.
Sorry for the low resolution on these older images. I couldn’t find my originals. 🙁
If your wondering why there are two logos, it’s because I couldn’t find the original file and this is my old logo from way back when.
Now, below is how I hang them in my current home.
I love how they twirl around when I walk past them.
For the hearts:
1) Find your favorite photos of your loved ones (about 28 photos). You don’t have to have that many, that’s just how many I used because the hearts have images on the front and back. There are 14 hearts total hanging on the branches.
2) Figure out what size heart you want and make a stencil. Mine were between 7″x 6″ and 5″ x 4″ hearts. I like to have 2 or 3 different sizes so it gives the display more depth. I made my stencil out of tracing paper so I could see how to crop my photos.
3) If you don’t want to destroy your photos or pay for new prints, make photo copies of them instead. I had mine printed at Costco.
4) After you stencil and cut your hearts out, you will need spray adhesive or glue stick to sandwich them and the fish-wire together. If you don’t want to deal with a two sided heart you can do one side and write a sweet message on the back.
5) You can tie them or add a little hot glue to the end of your fish-wire and glue it directly to the branch or tape it to the window rods.
I promise your family will love this. Let your kids help too! I’d love to see where you hang your sweet hearts. Send me photos on the My Daily She facebook page!
P.S. How do you decorate for Valentines Day? Add a comment to this post telling me about your cute Valentine decor. I’ll pick a winner for my next giveaway from those of you that comment, so subscribe and comment for a chance to win!