Happy Friday, folks! Easter is right around the corner and I’ve got some fun ideas for you! If you want to get more use out of your colorful plastic Easter eggs and create an easy, yet super fun way to pack your kiddos a lunch or surprise them with a whimsical snack, then try an Easter bento box…
This doesn’t take long to create and I bet you already have these items in your home. All you need is an scissors (or a box cutter), egg carton, plastic Easter eggs (that fit in the standard egg carton size), paint or spray paint (only if you want to paint… not a must) and whatever foods your kiddos eat. That’s it! So here we go!
1) Grab that egg carton from your fridge. Cut it in half (I used a box cutter). Now, you don’t have to cut your egg carton in half, you can keep it as is… if you want a bigger bento box.
2) If you’re like me and love color, you may want to paint the cartons. I have a ton of paints and spray paints laying around so I went with two different blue tones for the inside and outside. Have fun with it and paint them different colors for each of your kids (but, only if you want to 😉 ). FYI spay paint is sooo much faster. But, you can make this a fun activity with your kids and have them paint their cartons the color (or colors) they want.
3) Go through your pile of plastic eggs you save each year and pick out the colors you want to go in the carton. Or have your kids do it!
4) Pull the plastic eggs apart. Use the larger part of the egg as the base resting in the carton and fill it with what ever your kids eats.
5) After the eggs been filled, snap the other (smaller) half of the egg on top, close the carton and you are done.
Helpful Tip: if you are filling one of the eggs with a dip, cut a little square of tinfoil and place it underneath the egg so it doesn’t leak through the carton.
Thats it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! This is great for a cute lunch or fun snack! Fill if with fruits, veggie, sweets, snacks, dips, mix it up, what ever you want. Just have fun with it!
Okay! If you want even more use out of those plastic eggs, I’ve got another fun way to use them. I’ve been doing this with my kids for a while and they still love it. In fact, this is a great idea for adults too!
Glow In The Dark Egg Hunt
1) Go to your nearest Dollar Store and pick up bracelet size glow in the dark sticks.
2) Snap them so they glow.
3) Add your sweet to the egg first. Then tie the glow stick in a knot. You’ll need to hold on to it and quickly place it in the egg and close it. The light stick will come undone in the egg (which is fine). Or, just shove it in there. You can do this in the standard size eggs or the larger sizes. Whatever you want.
That’s it! Turn out your lights or go outside after the sun has set. You can really hide these well! Give your kids or grownups a challenge!
Okay, I couldn’t help my self… Here is another really cute idea I found from Domino. Click on the link below. Enjoy!