If you’re anything like me you love gifts from the heart. I prefer giving and receiving gifts that are more interactive. A gift of one’s time comes across as thoughtful and genuine. I was thinking of doing a mom’s DIY for today’s post, but decided to change it up and think about not what my kids can do for me, but what I can do for my mom…
Happy Friday, everyone! Today I’m going to be super brief, because it’s Mother’s Day weekend and I know we all have things to get ready and gift ideas to think about. I know not everyone is into crafts and design like I am, but I’m willing to bet you love or at least admire beautiful designs and ideas. So, I thought I’d make it a little bit easier on you and designed / suggested some gift ideas for you. Just click on the links to print your free ideas! Enjoy!
1. WRITE A LETTER. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a handwritten letter. Getting an email or text is nice, but those just can’t compare to the personal touch of a handwritten letter. They are a lasting memory. Also, taking the time to write a letter gives you some time to reflect on all of the amazing things you love about your mother / grandmother / mother-in-law, etc., and it doesn’t matter if it arrives a few days after Mother’s Day. She’ll still love it!
2. RECORD YOUR MOTHER. I’m guessing most of us out there have a phone that can record video or voice, right? Our genealogy is so important! Make a video of your mother (giving her a heads up of course) talking about her life and history. You can even send her the questions before the recording her so she can be prepared. Our mothers carry so much knowledge and wisdom. Preserving our family history is a treasure for the next generations to see, experience and learn from. It will not only give you a better connection but also give the next generation a better understanding of the context of her life. It’s a beautiful way to strengthen your connection with her and gain new insights into her life.
3. CAPTURING YOUR JOY WITH YOUR KIDS & FAMILY IN PHOTOS. I don’t know many moms that don’t love having pics taken with their kids. Well, they like the pictures; taking them can be a challenge. 😉 On this special day, just have fun with it. Take selfies with your kids and your mom (if you can). Or let your kids take pics with you. Or have dad, friends or other family members take pics of you being in the moment with your family! These are records and memories that will last forever and ever! Oh, and if this is one that you choose to do, please post your images on My Daily She Facebook Page. We totally want to see them!
4. LIST YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES OF YOUR MOM. Making a list of your favorite memories and then framing it is a touching way to say “I love you.” It shows you took the time to think about the special moments that you’ve shared and how much you value your time together.
5. MOTHER’S DAY COUPONS. Every mom loves a good coupon! These are a sweet way of making time to serve mom. Whether it’s yard or house work, doing a craft or cooking together, or just putting a lunch date on the calendar to spend time catching up. Who doesn’t love a good quality time with Mom?!
Which one of these will you pick for your mom? Or better yet, which one of these would you want your family to pick for you?
Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Happy Mother’s Day!