Beautiful on the Inside

Getting It Done One-Handedly

Yep! I’m in my robe, just taking it one step at a time… keep’n it classy! πŸ˜‰ Tune into this video to hear my Christmas wish.

Brooke Mortenson
    November 28, 2017 at 7:00 am

I just love your positive energy Melessa! It’s truely contagious and inspiring! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the holidays…hope your finger heals quickly!

November 28, 2017 at 11:58 am

Thank you Brooke! I’m choosing to stay positive because why waist time and energy being frustrated right? I’m trying anyhow! Thank you for your kind comment!

Amy
    November 28, 2017 at 8:00 am

I’m so glad your surgery went well, even with an atomic wedgie! It sounds like we have lots to look forward to from the blog this holiday season, so thanks for your hard, dedicated work!

November 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm

That was an atomic wedgie! Thank you so much for your help, support and of course friendship!

Teresa Hirst
    November 28, 2017 at 8:10 am

Happy Holidays back at you It is wonderful see you in real life–robe and all–after surgery and to know through you how we can adapt to life when it doesn’t go as planned, even during the holidays. Best wishes that you will continue to heal well.

November 28, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Thank you Teresa! You are an excellent example of strength and hope. Best wishes to you and your family too.

Lillian
    November 28, 2017 at 10:30 am

Hoping that you have a speedy recovery.

November 28, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Thank you Lillian!

Amy
    November 28, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Melessa, your robe is cute, but I immediately thought of these ones I just saw last week, that you would look gorgeous in, but still be comfy:

November 28, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Cute, cute, cute! Thank you for the tip! I’m defiantly in need of a new robe, especially one with some character. πŸ™‚

Terry L Kendrick
    November 28, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Hi beautiful lady! I know you will make things happen this holiday season, even if you have just one wing to do it with. I think we all have those holidays that we have to sacrifice because of illness or surgeries and you know what, it’s okay to say to yourself, “it is what it is” and move forward. Because I have seen your home inside and out, I absolutely love all the things you have done to show everyone how we can make our homes special for our families and for ourselves. Happy Holidays Melessa and I look forward to seeing all your wonderful ideas in 2018.

November 28, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Thank you Terry for the beautiful comment! You said it perfectly. “It is what it is.” Happy Holidays to you too! Wish we were all closer. XO

Jana Hogan
    November 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Ha ha ha! I am sitting here laughing out loud! A french baguette on your handβ€”brilliant! Lol. And the comment about the accidental wedging had me bust out in laughter. I think the funniest part was picturing Nate innocently help you with your pants. I am so, so happy the boys and Nate have been there to carry you through this time, You deserve the world, Melessa. Loved the post and love you! Merry Christmas!

November 28, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Thanks so much, Jana! Happy to bring a smile to your face. Thanks for commenting and for the kind words. A very Merry Christmas to you, too!

Monsieur_Pantalons_Intelligents
    November 28, 2017 at 10:35 pm

So glad the surgery went well! You could really knock Nate a good one upside the head with that cast. πŸ™‚

November 28, 2017 at 11:09 pm

Thank you! I’ll be sure to club Nate. πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    November 30, 2017 at 5:34 am

Love you, Mel!!! You just made my day. Keep fighting the good fight.

Jana
    December 1, 2017 at 12:41 pm

This post was so funny! You had me laughing out loud! Way to go on having such an amazing attitude through all of this. I am really happy that Nate and the boys are so supportive!

Denise Hogan
    December 3, 2017 at 11:15 pm

You are an inspiration to me, Melessa–such a tough surgery, but I’m glad it turned out well. You looked tremendous, smiling away after all you’ve been through! I oftentimes want to comment on your wonderful blogs but it depends on if my hands (esp. my left) allows me to type and then there’s the fatigue of the Parkinson’s. It takes a long time to type one-handed–I’m sure you know the feeling! Your workshop products are beautiful! You are so creative and talented.

December 4, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Denise! You are an inspiration to me. I admire your grit and the smiles you continually give on Sunday. You are amazing! Thank you so much for the time you took to write this beautiful comment! You warmed my heart! XO

We'd love to hear your comments!