Beautiful on the Inside,Self-Care

Being the Best You

This is going to be the focus for Beautiful on the Inside on My Daily She for 2018.

My hope is to help you (and myself) feel great! Each Tuesday’s Beautiful on the Inside post is going to focus on new tips and tricks to better ourselves physically and mentally, through our relationships, our bodies, and our environments.  I have some great women lined up, as well, to share their truth and tips with you.  Everything from growing your own natural luscious lashes, to how to power through some of life’s most challenging trials.  It’s an eclectic mix of posts that will help lift your spirits, teach you a thing or two and make you feel better about you.

The question that we’ll be trying to answer on today’s post is: How do I become the best me?

Below are 5 tips to start thinking about and practice as we move through this year.

First, know that failure is part of process. Embrace it. Even though it stings, it makes you grow and helps you get closer to achieving your goals. I mean it! I’ve fallen so many times on my face, it’s turned purple, but my level of resilience and grit is way, way stronger.

Second, accept that finding and becoming your best self isn’t going to be easy. This takes practice and patience. Don’t allow yourself to get too comfortable.  You’ve got to stretch. Go a step or two further than you think you can.  Embrace the discomfort. Do this regularly, and you’ll be amazed at your capacity for greatness.

Third, have a growth mindset in all things. Accept that even if you are REALLY good at something, there is always more to learn. You can learn new ways of thinking. You can learn to appreciate many points of view. Stay open to all possibilities with eager expectation. Always.

Fourth, really, really work on forgiving yourself and forgiving others. Whatever it is, light a lantern or attach it to a pink balloon and let go. You’ll feel lighter and you’ll feel so much happier.

Fifth, what are you grateful for? Pay attention to even the littlest things your life. Let your emotions that accompany things you are grateful for elevate. Your sense of love and happiness will expand and you’ll find yourself more content with where you are at currently.

There are a lot more steps, but for me these five are personally the most challenging to plow through when life throws me a curve ball.

How are you working to become your best self? Please share your thoughts in the comments. I enjoy hearing from you!

XOXO,

Oh and of course I can’t forget…

DAWN PETERSON you win this month’s giveaway! Congrats girl! Shoot me an email (mydailyshe@gmail.com) and let’s chat decor. Can’t wait!

• Allison T
    January 16, 2018 at 9:14 am

Thank you! Very helpful!

• Aspen Rose
    January 16, 2018 at 10:04 am

Again….you are always spot on with my needs. Maybe I need to let a whole bunch of balloons off.

• Lillian
    January 16, 2018 at 10:35 am

Why does failing have to be so hard?! It’s such an important part of learning and we fight against it like it’s the worst possible thing that could happen!

• Jana
    January 18, 2018 at 11:36 am

Melessa, I can attest that your “level of resilience and grit is way, way stronger.” Thank you for your example! And thank you for this post. I have GOT to forgive myself more. I tend not to because I’m afraid other people won’t. But I am getting better at ignoring others’ inpatience with me and focusing on God’s patience with me. I know I am doing my best so I will stop second-guessing myself!

• Melessa
      January 18, 2018 at 3:46 pm

I love what you just said,”ignoring others’ impatience with me and focusing on God’s patience with me.” I keep saying to myself, I’m going to give what I can each day, and that will be ok.

• Dawn
    January 18, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Here’s to shedding my skin and seeing what I can morph into through 2018! A bit scared of letting myself down, and simultaneously looking forward to see what I can become. Regarding the importance of gratitude…this is something I try my hardest to instill in my kiddos. Today, my 13 yr. old asked me what my highlight was for the work day. Having just returned home from a pretty rough day, the best I could come up with was, “I had a pretty decent tuna salad sandwich for lunch.” There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for. 🙂

• Melessa
      January 18, 2018 at 4:43 pm

That’s awesome! Sometimes, it’s the little things that carry us through our tough days. That’s if we choose to let it. Thanks for commenting!

• Amy
    January 24, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Oh gosh, forgiving myself ost always seems harder than forgiving others. Thanks for the reminder.

• %d bloggers like this: